Capacity building with Co-ordinated Care
- Reduce the “variations” in standard of care.
- Sharing of “best practice”
- Sharing of “wisdom” along with “clinical practice guidelines”.
- Continued training “Hand holding” and developing a “Learning loop” rather than a single or few sessions.
- “De monopolize” the knowledge.
- Systematically looking at the “Outcome”
LIVE NIMHANS ECHO (HUB and SPOKEs)
- In collaboration with Project ECHO, University of New Mexico, USA
- Weekly live multi-point video conference sessions
- Opportunity to present clinical cases & get suggestions / guidance from the network
- Expert didactic modules covering various addictive disorders
- Certificate of completion/CME points on completion of module evaluation
- Based on specific topics
- Can be accessed any time and completed on-line
- Get the test questions as well as the answers
HOW WILL I BE BENEFITED
- Skill enhancement
- Receive e-certificate
- Professional interaction with multidisciplinary colleagues
- Affiliation with an academic tertiary centre, less isolation
- Free, effortless, interactive, access to the up-to-date knowledge, videos
- Learning by doing (co-management)
Patients and Community
- People need access to QUALITY care for their complex mental health conditions
- NOT enough health professionals to treat or provide the care
- NIMHANS ECHO trains the health professionals ( NIMHANS ECHO spokes) across country
- NIMHANS spokes are well trained and capable of providing care as good as NIMHANS
- NIMHANS ECHO spokes are being tele-mentored which in turn increase their skills and knowledge to provide best care
- Patient gets right care, in the right place, at the right time. No travel nor any language barrier